"WHY DISNEY CRUISE LINES - IT'S SO EXPENSIVE!!!!"
I have been asked this question many times. It's more than just the Disney name or the "fanboy" mentality of Disney fanaticism. It's in the quality.
Here are things to know about Disney Cruise Line:
1) Pricing with DCL is more upfront than with other lines. The other folks make up a good chunk of the difference by charging for things (like soft drinks) that Disney includes in the cruise fare. The other folks also usually charge higher prices for drinks and don't allow you to bring your own on board like Disney does.
2) Kids Clubs that the kids really want to spend time in - and that you, as a parent, can be comfortable with them spending time in.
3) Dining is a much better value on DCL. The rotational dining concept means that your servers come with you as you get to sample three different fine dining experiences. On most other lines, dining experiences such as those offered in DCL's main dining rooms carry an additional upcharge. DCL does offer a couple of "super deluxe" restaurant options, which can provide an adults-only experience if you want one for an additional charge.
4) Category-by-category, DCL staterooms are among the largest in industry.
5) Disney design, themes, and characters that are simply unavailable on any other line.
6) Disney films in the onboard theaters, including first-run films that usually premiere onboard at the same time they come out in theaters on land, are included in the cruise fare.
7) Unparalleled service in its class (clients who sailed DCL and then luxury class Celebrity about six months later reported that DCL's service is much better).
8) No casinos on DCL mean that huge amounts of space that are "wasted" on casinos on other ships (partially because the casino income helps make up the revenue from lower fares) are used for state-of-the-art entertainment and amenities.
9) Supply/Demand - DCL created a great product and people love it. They sail full ships. If they weren't top quality, people wouldn't buy it and the price would come down.
From Barcelona, Spain, sail aboard Disney Magic® to such countries as France, Italy, Greece, Malta, Majorca, Croatia, and Turkey on select itineraries in 2013. From the Greek Islands to Southern Italy, cruise on Disney Cruise Line® on a magical Mediterranean vacation. Experience Europe's historic landmarks like Rome's Coliseum, Athens's Parthenon, Venice's Grand Canal, and so much more. The Mediterranean itinerary boasts a rich diversity of cities, cultures and people.
Experience breathtaking landscapes, an abundance of wildlife and Alaska’s culture. On board, enjoy the “Disney Difference,” where amazing service and world-renowned entertainment surround you around every corner to create a vacation your family will never forget!
7-Night Alaskan Cruises
Disney Wonder® departing from Vancouver, Canada
· Tracy Arm, Alaska
· Skagway, Alaska
· Juneau, Alaska
· Ketchikan, Alaska
The newest ships, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy, bring together legendary Disney service, special personal touches, and pay attention to the smallest details to create two incredible vessels and experiences for kids, tweens, teens, adults, and families in imaginatively unique ways!
Experience the first water coaster at sea, the AquaDuck. This 765-foot-long, winding slide propels through the forward funnel, around the ship, splashing down four decks and even over the edge of the ship!
Kids will be inspired in fun spaces like Disney’s Oceaneer Club, where they are fully-immersed in destinations like Pixie Hollow or Andy’s Room (inspired by Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story films).
Tweens get Edge, a private club just for them in the forward funnel. Teens can chill in Vibe, an exclusive indoor escape and outdoor lounge!
Adults can savor culinary masterpieces in two restaurants reserved just for them. Palo enjoys al fresco dinner and brunch. Remy offers fine French cuisine in a romantic setting. Throughout the night, The District combines five distinct clubs offering their own themed styles of entertainment.
Together, families can enjoy Disney performances from original Broadway-style shows, a family lounge, Goofy’s Sports Deck with an imaginative nine-hole miniature golf course, virtual sports simulators and more...
Enjoy these two unbelievable ships to the Bahamas or Caribbean with stops at their private island, Castaway Cay.
Pictures From All Four Disney Ships and Ports of Call in Bahamas, Caribbean, and Castaway Cay
Disney Cruise Line is adding more ships to their fleet! You can learn more about this exciting news at the Disney Cruise Line blog disneycruiselineblog.com/ships/disney-cruise-ship-5/#